> Am 08.05.2017 um 17:35 schrieb Richard Weinberger <rich...@nod.at>:
>
> Thomas,
>
> Am 08.05.2017 um 17:32 schrieb Thomas Meyer:
>>> We could figure how to report issues to WSL, create self-hosting unit tests
>>> and ask them to add/fix
>>> these features.
>>
>> Turns out there was already a bug report by somebody about missing UML
>> support in WSL:
>>
>> https://github.com/Microsoft/BashOnWindows/issues/1692
>
> Ah, there are tons of ptrace() features missing.
> UML is a major user of ptrace(), worse than GDB. ;-\

Yes, I know.

Probably also worh quoting the discussion from the relevant GH issue regarding
OLDPTRACE :

"
Also, for a little context, the onlysoftware I can find on the planet that
cares is User Mode Linux. Unless someone tries to run some statically linked
strace or maybe gdb binary from the 2.4 era, this will simply never be hit on
WSL in 2017. UML seems to still care, entirely academically, to maintain binary
compatibility with 2.4. You can think of it as UML never buying into the idea
the value changed, while everyone else moved"