I do not think that this is possible without an additional device in the UML itself.

In fact, if you want two processes in two different UML instances to communicate in-between themselves you should aim at a UML device. The kernel device is probably suprlus to requirements as the two UML instances can communicate between themselves within the host userspace using any of the mechanisms available for that.

A.