Hello and good evening!

With python 3.8.5 and avro 1.10.0 installed via pip I have tried running
the following script:

import os, avro
from avro.datafile import DataFileReader, DataFileWriter
from avro.io import DatumReader, DatumWriter

reader = DataFileReader(open("48.avro", "rb"), DatumReader())
for d in reader:
    print(d)
reader.close()

Unfortunately, nothing is printed by the script.

Then I have noticed, that the avro-python3 is recommended and have
installed it with pip install avro-python3

Now the pip list shows both packages, but how to switch to using the newer
one?

I have tried "pip uninstall avro", but then import avro fails.

What is the correct module name for avro-python3, how to import it in my
script please?

I have also asked my question at Stackoverflow and there you can see my
screenshots:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64105500/how-to-use-avro-python3-on-windows-10-to-parse-files

Thank you for any hints
Alex