Look in /contrib it's already there.

On May 20, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Mark Robson <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 20 May 2010 23:16, Ryan Daum <r...@thimbleware.com> wrote:
I personally would love to see Cassandra add the concept of a read- only 'proxy' node which acts like the embedded ready only mode (Java 'fat client') but sits as a stand alone server. It would know the the entire ring and watch Gossip and thus be able to direct requests to the most appropriate node. This way thrift clients would just connect to localhost, and it would in turn handle pooling and balancing connections.

I agree that would be a very desirable feature; app servers could have a local Cassandra node which handled cluster operations. Certainly makes things easier.

It may also reduce network overhead as things could go directly to/ from the nodes they needed to rather than via a third node.

Mark