I've started seeing this issue as well.  Running 0.6.2.

One interesting thing I happened upon, I explicitly called the GC via
jconsole and the heap dropped completely fixing the issue.  When you
explicitly call System.gc() it does a full sweep.  I'm wondering if this
issue is to do with the GC flags used.

-Jake