On 21-09-2010 15:29, Juho Mäkinen wrote:
It's known that compaction hurts the node performance so that it might
miss some requests. That's why it's important to handle these
situations and the client needs to retry the operation into another
working host. We have been storing performance data from each
cassandra request which we do into our five node cassandra production
cluster.
This is not the main topic of this mail, but, in what way do a client detect the performance issue here? I guess that somehow the client does not get a answer.

./Morten