Cassandra can work in a consistent way, see some of this discussion and the
Consistency section here http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureOverview

If you always read and write with CL.Quorum (or the other way discussed) you
will have consistency. Even if some of the replicas are temporarily
inconsistent, or off line or whatever. Your reads will be consistent, i.e.
every client will get the same value or the read will not work. If you want to
work at a lower or higher consistency you can.

Eventually all replicas of a value will become consistent.

There are a number of reasons why cassandra may not be a good fit, and I would
guess something else would be a problem before the consistency model.

Hope that helps.
Aaron