Does anyone have any experiences with Cassandra on iSCSI?

I'm currently testing a (soon-to-be) production server using both local
raid-5 and iSCSI disks. Our hosting provider is pushing us hard towards
the iSCSI disks because it is easier for them to run (and to meet our
needs for increasing disk capacity overtime).

I'm worried that iSCSI is a non-scalable solution for an otherwise
scalable application (all cassandra nodes will have separate partitions
to the one iSCSI).

To go with raid-5 disks our hosting provider requires proof that iSCSI
won't work. I tried various things (eg `nodetool cleanup` on 12Gb load
giving 5k IOPS) but iSCSI seems to keep up to the performance of the
local raid-5 disks...

Should i be worried about using iSCSI?
Are there better tests i should be running?

~mck

--
"The turtle only makes progress when it's neck is stuck out" Rollo May