No, what I'm thinking of is having two clusters (0.6 and 0.7) running on
different ports so they can't find each other. Or isn't that configurable?

Then, when I have the two clusters, I could upgrade all of the clients to
run against the new cluster, and finally upgrade the rest of the Cassandra
nodes.

I don't know how the new cluster would cope with having new data in the old
cluster when they are upgraded though.

/Daniel