I've no idea why it doesn't work well.
We are testing Elasticity of Cassandra 0.6.6.We choose
orderPreservingPartitioner and set replicationFactor as 2.
 We start from 6-server cluster(node A, B,C,D,E,F), which is load balanced.
roughly every node has 12GB. we then add node G between A and B. the
InitialToken of G is set to divide the data firstly owned by B, which means if
we start with 7-server cluster, node G and node B will gain 6GB(other nodes:
12GB).
The problem is that
1.we go  on with running the workload(read/write=1), then data of node G
increases very slowly and data of node B doesn't decrease apparently. exactly,
after three and a half hours, node G gets only 2.85GB.
2.we then stop running the workload and wait for 2 hours. the result is  that
no data is populated from node B  to node G .
that is, 5.5hours later after adding a new node, we haven't found any data
moving from Node B to the new Node named G.
we tried the monitor tool——streams on the new node, result in "nothing
streaming to ..."and "nothing streaming from.."
Did I miss something?