Hi experts,

We have a cluster of 4 nodes across 2 data centers and we are using
OldNetworkTopology to balance the replicas (RF=3).

Question:    Can we afford to lose 1 node in a data center and still have
Quorum work?

My understanding is that OldNetworkTopology writes 2 to the "local" data center
and "1" to the remote data center.

If a node goes down, will cassandra switch to write 2 replicas to the remote
data center and 1 to the local data center to compromise for the fact that
there is only 1 local node alive?   Or is writing 2 to local and 1 to remote a
"do or die" situation?

Thanks!