On 04/05/2011 09:57 AM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Adjusting indexinterval is unlikely to be useful on very narrow rows.
>> (Its purpose is to make random access to _large_ rows doable.)
>
> Whoops, that's column_index_size_in_kb.
>
> I'd play w/ keycache before index_interval personally.  (If you can
> get 100% key cache hit rate it doesn't really matter what index
> interval is, as long as you can still build the cache effectively.)

I've already tried a key cache equal to and larger (up to what I have
heap space for) than my current row cache.  But for very narrow rows the
row cache is empirically and theoretically better.

I realise changing IndexInterval is an unusual proposed configuration,
but such is the burden of high cardinality narrow rows.