When you say using CassandraServer do you mean an embedded cassandra server ?
What process did you use to add the Keyspaces ? Adding a KS via the thrift API
should take care of everything.

The simple test is stop the server and the clients, start the server again and
see if the KS is defined by using nodetool cfstats.

Cheers
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton