> I'm at 80%, so not quite panic yet ;-)
>
> I'm wondering, in the steady state, how much of the space used will
> contain deleted data.

That depends entirely on your workload, including:

* How big the data that you are deleting is in relation to the size of
tombstones
* How long the average piece of data lives before being deleted
* How much other data never being deleted you have in relation to the
data that gets deleted
* How it varies over time and where you are in your "cycle"

I can't offer any mathematics that will give you the actual answered
for leveled compaction (and I don't have a good feel for it as I
haven't used leveled compaction in production systems yet). It's
strongly recommend graphing disk space for your particular
workload/application and see how it behaves over time. And *have
alerts* on disk space running out. Have a good amount of margin. Less
so with leveled compaction than size tiered compaction, but still
important.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)