Works for me on trunk... what version are you using?

On 04/23/2012 08:39 AM, mdione....@orange.com wrote:
  I understand the error message, but I don't understand why I get it.
Here's the CF:

cqlsh:avatars>  describe columnfamily HBX_FILE;

CREATE COLUMNFAMILY HBX_FILE (
   KEY blob PRIMARY KEY,
   HBX_FIL_DATE text,
   HBX_FIL_LARGE ascii,
   HBX_FIL_MEDIUM ascii,
   HBX_FIL_SMALL ascii,
   HBX_FIL_STATUS text,
   HBX_FIL_TINY ascii
) WITH
   comment='' AND
   comparator=text AND
   read_repair_chance=1.000000 AND
   gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
   default_validation=blob AND
   min_compaction_threshold=4 AND
   max_compaction_threshold=32 AND
   replicate_on_write=True;

CREATE INDEX HBX_FILE_HBX_FIL_STATUS_idx ON HBX_FILE (HBX_FIL_STATUS);

   The query and the error:

cqlsh:avatars>  SELECT HBX_FIL_SMALL FROM HBX_FILE WHERE KEY=1 AND
HBX_FIL_STATUS='actif';
Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with "equals"
operator

   A query that works:

cqlsh:avatars>  SELECT HBX_FIL_STATUS FROM HBX_FILE WHERE KEY=1;
  HBX_FIL_STATUS
----------------
           Actif

Just in case, here's cli's output for the same CF:

[default@avatars] describe HBX_FILE;
     ColumnFamily: HBX_FILE
       Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Default column value validator: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
       Row cache size / save period in seconds / keys to save : 0.0/0/all
       Row Cache Provider:
org.apache.cassandra.cache.ConcurrentLinkedHashCacheProvider
       Key cache size / save period in seconds: 200000.0/14400
       GC grace seconds: 864000
       Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
       Read repair chance: 1.0
       Replicate on write: true
       Bloom Filter FP chance: default
       Built indexes: []
       Column Metadata:
         Column Name: HBX_FIL_DATE
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
         Column Name: HBX_FIL_LARGE
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
         Column Name: HBX_FIL_MEDIUM
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
         Column Name: HBX_FIL_SMALL
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
         Column Name: HBX_FIL_STATUS
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
           Index Name: HBX_FILE_HBX_FIL_STATUS_idx
           Index Type: KEYS
         Column Name: HBX_FIL_TINY
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
       Compaction Strategy:
org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy

   And the same error, with other words, in the CLI:

[default@avatars] get HBX_FILE where HBX_FIL_STATUS = 'actif';
No indexed columns present in index clause with operator EQ

   Am I missing something? Might as well be that I'm too tired...

--
Marcos Dione
SysAdmin

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete
altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages
that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.