On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Steve Neely <sne...@rallydev.com> wrote:
> It also seems like a dark deployment of your new cluster is a great method
> for testing the Linux-based systems before switching your mision critical
> traffic over. Monitor them for a while with real traffic and you can have
> confidence that they'll function correctly when you perform the switchover.

FWIW, I would love to see graphs which show their compared performance
under identical write load and then show the cut-over point for reads
between the two clusters. My hypothesis is that your linux cluster
will magically be much more perfomant/less loaded due to many
linux-specific optimizations in Cassandra, but I'd dig seeing this
illustrated in an apples to apples sense with real app traffic.

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rc...@palominodb.com