Hello

Currently we are using Cassandra 1.0.6 in our production system but suffer
with the CASSANDRA-3616 (it is already fixed in 1.0.7 version).

We thought to upgrade the Cassandra to 1.1.X versions, to get it's new
features, but having some concerns about the upgrade and expert advices are
mostly welcome.

1. Can Cassandra 1.1.X identify 1.0.X configurations like SSTables, commit
logs, etc without ant issue? And vise versa. Because if something happens to
1.1.X after deployed to production, we want to downgrade to 1.0.6 version
(because that's the versions we tested with our applications).

2. How do we need to do upgrade process?  Currently we have 3 node 1.0.6
cluster in production. Can we upgrade node by node? If we upgrade node by
node, will the other 1.0.6 nodes identify 1.1.X nodes without any issue?

Appreciate experts comments on this. Many Thanks.

/Roshan