Oke, thanks!

So a column tombstone will only be removed if all row fragments are
present in the tables being compacted.

I have a row called "Index" which contains columns like "page0",
"page1", "page2", etc. Every several minutes, new columns are created
and old ones deleted. The problem is that I now have an "Index" row in
several SSTables, but the column tombstones are never deleted. And
reading the "Index" row (and all its column tombstones) takes longer
and longer.

If I do a major compaction, all tombstones are deleted and reading the
"index" row takes one millisecond again (and all the garbage-collect
issues because of this).

Is it not advised to use rows with many new column creates/deletes
(because of how minor compactions work)?

Thanks!

Rene