Along those lines...

We sought to use triggers for external synchronization.   If you read through
this issue:

You'll see the idea of leveraging a commit log for synchronization, via
triggers.

We went ahead and implemented this concept in:
https://github.com/hmsonline/cassandra-triggers

With that, via AOP, you get handed the mutation as things change.  We used it
for synchronizing SOLR.

fwiw,
-brian

--