On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Alexey Zotov <azo...@griddynamics.com> wrote:
> Value of DeletedColumn is a serialized local
> deletion time. We know that local deletion time can be different on
> different nodes for the same tombstone. So hashes of the same tombstone on
> different nodes will be different. Is it true?

Yes, this seems correct based on my understanding of the process of
writing tombstones.

> I think that local deletion time shouldn't be considered in hash's
> calculation.

I think you are correct; the only thing that matters is whether the
tombstone exists or not. There may be something I am missing about why
the very-unlikely-to-be-identical value should be considered a merkle
tree failure.

Seems related to this issue, fwiw.

> Is transmission of the equals tombstones during repair process a feature? :)
> or is it a bug?

I think it's a bug.

> If it's a bug, I'll create ticket and attach patch to it.

Yay!

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli