On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Michael Kjellman
<mkjell...@barracuda.com> wrote:
> Awesome (and very welcomed news), what kind of failure conditions can we
> expect if a node goes down during the migration?

A shuffle is just a bunch of moves mapped out ahead of time, and
worked through by each node incrementally.  These mappings are
persisted, so a node that went down during a shuffle would simply pick
back up where it left off when it came back online.

A node irrecoverably failing mid-shuffle would likely require some
intervention to sort out.

Either way, there won't be any other impact to the cluster beyond what
is normally caused by a down node.

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu