On 2013-01-22, at 8:59 AM, Brian Tarbox <tar...@cabotresearch.com> wrote:

> The output of this command seems to make no sense unless I think of it as 5
> completely separate histograms that just happen to be displayed together.
>
> Using this example output should I read it as: my reads all took either 1 or
> 2 sstable.  And separately, I had write latencies of 3,7,19.  And separately
> I had read latencies of 2, 8,69, etc?
>
> In other words...each row isn't really a row...i.e. on those 16033 reads from
> a single SSTable I didn't have 0 write latency, 0 read latency, 0 row size
> and 0 column count.  Is that right?

Correct.  A number in any of the metric columns is a count value bucketed in
the offset on that row.  There are no relationships between other columns on
the same row.

So your first row says "16033 reads were satisfied by 1 sstable".  The other
metrics (for example, latency of these reads) is reflected in the histogram
under "Read Latency", under various other bucketed offsets.