I have the following code in my app using the JDBC (cassandra-jdbc-1.1.2.jar)
drivers to CQL:

try {
        rs= stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM users");
}catch(Exception et){
        System.out.println("Can not execute statement "+et);
}

When connecting to a CQL2 server (cassandra 1.1.5) the code works as expected
returning a result set .  When connecting to CQL3 (Cassandra 1.2) I catch the
following exception:

Can not execute statement java.lang.NullPointerException

The Select statement (Select * from users) does work from CQLSH as expected.
Is there a problem with my code or something else ?

Andy C
School of Computing
University of Dundee.