Hi,

I created a table with the following structure in cqlsh (Cassandra
1.2.3 - cql 3):

CREATE TABLE mytable ( column1 text,
      column2 text,
      messageId timeuuid,
      message blob,
      PRIMARY KEY ((column1, column2), messageId));

I can quite happily add values to this table. e.g:

insert into client_queue (column1,column2,messageId,message) VALUES
('string1','string2',now(),'ABCCDCC123');

Yet if I decide I want to set the clustering order on messageId DESC:

CREATE TABLE mytable ( column1 text,
      column2 text,
      messageId timeuuid,
      message blob,
      PRIMARY KEY ((column1, column2), messageId)) WITH CLUSTERING
ORDER BY (messageId DESC);

and try to do an insert:

insert into client_queue2 (column1,column2,messageId,message) VALUES
('string1','string2',now(),'ABCCDCC123');

I get the following error:

Bad Request: Type error: cannot assign result of function now (type
timeuuid) to messageid (type
'org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.ReversedType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.TimeUUIDType)')

I am sure I am missing something obvious here, but I don't understand.
Why am I getting an error? What do I need
to do to be able to add an entry to this table?

thanks in advance,
Gareth