There has been a lot of discussion on the list recently concerning issues with
repair, runtime, etc.

We recently have had issues with this cassandra bug:

Basically, if you do regular staggered repairs, and you have tombstones that
can be gc_graced, those tombstones may never be cleaned up if those tombstones
don't get compacted away before the next repair.  This is because these
tombstones are essentially recopied to other nodes during the next repair.
This has been fixed in 1.2, however, we aren't ready to make the jump to 1.2
yet.

Is there a reason why this hasn't been back-ported to 1.1?  Is it a risky
change? Although not a silver bullet, it seems it may help a lot of people with
repair issues (certainly seems it would help us),

-Mike