Hi All,

I have the following situation:

- Cassandra 1.0.11
- A 6 node cluster
- Random partitioner
- Tokens are balanced (according to node-tool)
- Data-load is balanced (according to node-tool)

I have a customers column-family with 1000000 customers. I also have a test
client which requests random customers from the cluster in a round-robin
fashion, i.e. each request is targeted to a different machine and each
request contains a random customer-id (a number in the range of 0 -
1000000).

What I see is that one node (node 4) is only proxying. Node 4 does receive
requests. I can see that in the storage-proxy counters. However, I see in
the Customers column-family a zero in the ReadCount counter (local reads).
Node 4 should also serve reads because I have 1000000 customers in the
cluster, the cluster is balanced and I do requests with random
customer-ids. In fact, two of the four nodes have this behavior. The result
is that the processing load within the cluster is not balanced.

I have never witnessed this behavior before.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Rene