You can refer to the Data Modelling guide here:
http://clojurecassandra.info/articles/data_modelling.html
It includes several things you've mentioned (namely, range queries and
dynamic tables).

Also, it seems that it'd be useful for you to use indexes, and performing
filtering (for things related to "give me everything about symbol X"), for
that you can refer to K/V operations guide:
http://clojurecassandra.info/articles/kv.html#toc_8 (range query section)
and http://clojurecassandra.info/articles/kv.html#toc_10 (filtering
section).

It looks that data model fits really well to what Cassandra allows.
Especially in financial data, it sounds like you can use your "symbol" as a
partition key, which opens up a wild range of possibilities for querying.

--
alex p