Not sure how up-to-date this info is, but from some discussions that happened here long time ago I remember that a minimum of 1MB per Memtable needs to be allocated.

The other constraint here is memtable_total_space_in_mb setting in cassandra.yaml, which you might wish to tune when having a lot of CFs.

M.