each node would forward the write request to the node responsible to hold that key (determined by the hash function)

On 10/26/2013 09:25 PM, Mohammad Hajjat wrote:
Hi,

Quick question about Cassandra.
If I write the same key (with two different values) to two different nodes with consistency of ONE. Assuming 'SimpleStrategy' and no replication. Would each node receiving the request write that key in its local storage and return success (thus we end up with same key having two different values on the two nodes)? Or would each node forward the write request to the node responsible to hold that key (determined by the hash function)?

Thanks!
--
*Mohammad Hajjat*
*Ph.D. Student*