On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Amalrik Maia <amal...@s1mbi0se.com.br>wrote:

> hey guys, I'm trying to take backups of a multi-node cassandra and save
> them on S3.
> My idea is simply doing ssh to each server and use nodetool to create the
> snapshots then push then to S3.

https://github.com/synack/tablesnap

So is this approach recommended? my concerns are about inconsistencies that
> this approach can lead, since the snapshots are taken one by one and not in
> parallel.
> Should i worry about it or cassandra finds a way to deal with
> inconsistencies when doing a restore?

The backup is as consistent as your cluster is at any given moment, which
is "not necessarily". Manual repair brings you closer to consistency, but
only on data present when the repair started.

=Rob