Hi,

Thanks for the pointer.

Following are some options given there,
If you know where your live data begins, hint Cassandra with a start column, to
reduce the scan times and the amount of tombstones to collect.
 A broker will usually have some notion of what’s next in the sequence and thus
be able to do much more targeted queries, down to a single record if the
storage strategy were to choose monotonic sequence numbers.

We need to do is have some intelligence in using the system and avoid
tombstones either use the pointed Column Name or use proper start column if
slice query is used.

Is that right or I am missing something here?

Regards,
Jagan

---- On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:55:39 +0530 DuyHai Doan<doanduy...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

  Jagan

   Queue-like data structures are known to be one of the worst anti patterns
for Cassandra:
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-anti-patterns-queues-and-queue-like-datasets

 On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Jagan Ranganathan <ja...@zohocorp.com>