Are you using the dynamic snitch? Because the SimpleSnitch is the default.

On March 5, 2014 at 5:27:03 PM, Elliot Finley (efinley.li...@gmail.com) wrote:

Keep in mind, for this 3 node cluster, N = 3.

I did a bit more digging and I found this (for future searches on this topic):

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/architecture/architectureSnitchDynamic_c.html

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/dynamic-snitching-in-cassandra-past-present-and-future

So, according to this, if I'm reading it right, the SSD node WILL take the
majority of reads.

Any comments welcome.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Chris Burroughs <chris.burrou...@gmail.com>