And to be clear, and to elaborate, null is the default state for a
Cassandra cell if you don't write to it, so you can always create a row
with a null column by writing the row without that column being specified.

Additionally, cql's delete statement optionally takes a columns argument,
so if you want to set an existing column to null, just delete it.

DELETE [COLUMNS] FROM <COLUMN FAMILY> [USING <CONSISTENCY>] WHERE KEY =
keyname1 DELETE [COLUMNS] FROM <COLUMN FAMILY> [USING <CONSISTENCY>] WHERE
KEY IN (keyname1, keyname2);

-Tupshin