I found a lot of documentation about the read path for key and row caches, but
I haven't found anything in regard to the write path.  My app has the need to
record a large quantity of very short lived temporal data that will expire
within seconds and only have a small percentage of the rows accessed before
they expire.  Ideally, and I have done the math, I would like the data to never
hit disk and just stay in memory once written until it expires.  How might I
accomplish this?  I am not concerned about data consistency at all on this so
if I could even avoid the commit log, that would be even better.

My main concern is that I don't see any evidence that writes end up in the
cache—that it takes at least one read to get it into the cache.  I also realize
that, assuming I don't cause SSTable writes due to sheer quantity, that the
data would be in memory anyway.

Has anyone done anything similar to this that could provide direction?

Wayne