The question assumes that it's likely that datastax employees become committers.

Actually, it's more likely that committers become datastax employees.

So this underlying tone that datastax only really 'wants' datastax employees to be cassandra committers, is really misleading.

Why wouldn't a company want to hire people who have shown a desire and aptitude to work on products that they care about? It's just rational. And damn genius, actually.

I'm sure they'd be happy to have an influx of non-datastax committers. patches welcome.

dave