We did something similar with a split cloud/physical hardware deployment.
There was a weird requirement that app authentication data (fortunately in
it's own keyspace already) could not "live on the cloud" (shrug).

This ended up being a simple configuration change in the schema just like
your example and has, TMK, worked fine since.

--
Nate McCall

Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting