From: Aaron Morton [mailto:aa...@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 11:58 PM
To: Cassandra User
Subject: Re: Cassandra token range support for Hadoop (ColumnFamilyInputFormat)

>> "between 1.2.6 and 2.0.6 the setInputRange(startToken, endToken) is not
>> working"
> Can you confirm or disprove?

My reading of the code is that it will consider the part of a token range (from
vnodes or initial tokens) that overlap with the provided token range.

> I've already got one confirmation that in C* version I use (1.2.15) setting
> limits with setInputRange(startToken, endToken) doesn't work.
Can you be more specific ?

> work only for ordered partitioners (in 1.2.15).

it will work with ordered and unordered partitioners equally. The difference is
probably what you consider to "working" to mean.  The token ranges are handled
the same, it's the row in them that changes.

Cheers
Aaron

Aaron Morton
New Zealand