While Astyanax 2.0 is still beta,  I think you will find it provides a very
good migration path from the 1.0 thrift based version to the 2.0 native
driver version.  Well worth considering if you like the Astyanax API and
functionality.  I know of multiple DataStax customers planning on using it.

-Tupshin