I think of all the areas you could spend your time, this will have the
least returns.  The OS will keep the most frequently used data in memory.
 There's no reason to require cassandra to do it.

If you're curious as to what's been loaded into ram, try Al Tobey's pcstat
utility.  https://github.com/tobert/pcstat

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com