This may not help you with the migration, but it may with maintenance &
management.  I just put up a blog post on managing VPC security groups with
a tool I open sourced at my previous company.  If you're going to have
different VPCs (staging / prod), it might help with managing security
groups.

http://rustyrazorblade.com/2014/06/an-introduction-to-roadhouse/

Semi shameless plug... but relevant.

--