Have you verified that these aren't "stuck compactions"? e.g. even under no load, they don't go away?

-Bill

On 06/08/2014 12:32 PM, Jake Luciani wrote:
2&3

On Sunday, June 8, 2014, S C <as...@outlook.com
<mailto:as...@outlook.com>> wrote:

    I am using Cassandra 1.1 (sorry bit old) and I am seeing high
    pending compaction count. "pending tasks: 67" while active
    compaction tasks are not more than 5. I have a 24CPU machine.
    Shouldn't I be seeing more compactions? Is this a pattern of high
    writes and compactions backing up? How can I improve this? Here are
    my thoughts.

     1. Increase memtable_total_space_in_mb
     2. Increase compaction_throughput_mb_per_sec
     3. Increase concurrent_compactions

    Sorry if this was discussed already. Any pointers is much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kumar

--
http://twitter.com/tjake