The only case in which it might be better to use an IN clause is if
the entire query can be satisfied from that machine.  Otherwise, go
async.

The native driver reuses connections and intelligently manages the
pool for you.  It can also multiplex queries over a single connection.

I am assuming you're using one of the datastax drivers for CQL, btw.

Jon