From: Demeyer Jonathan [mailto:jonathan.deme...@macq.eu]
Sent: mardi 12 août 2014 11:03
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Cassandra schema disagreement

Hello,

I have a cluster running and I'm trying to change the schema on it. Altough it
succeeds on one cluster (a test one), on another it keeps creating two separate
schema versions (both are 2 DC configuration; the cluster where it goes wrong
end up with a schema version on each DC).

I use apache-cassandra11-1.1.12 on CentOS 6.4

I'm trying to start from a fresh cassandra config (doing " rm -rf
/var/lib/cassandra/{commitlog,data}/* " while cassandra is stopped).

Each DC are on separate IP segment but there are no firewall between them.

Here is the output of the command when the desynchronisation occurs:
---
[root@cassandranode00 CDN]# cassandra-cli -f reCreateCassandraStruct.sh
Connected to: "TTF Cluster v20131111_1257" on 127.0.0.1/9160
7ef8c681-189a-3088-8598-560437f705d9
Waiting for schema agreement...
... schemas agree across the cluster
Authenticated to keyspace: ks1
f179fd8e-f8ca-36cf-bf53-d8341fd6006e
Waiting for schema agreement...
The schema has not settled in 10 seconds; further migrations are ill-advised
until it does.
Versions are f179fd8e-f8ca-36cf-bf53-d8341fd6006e:[10.69.221.20, 10.69.221.21,
10.69.221.22], e9656b30-b671-3fce-9fb4-bdd3e6da36d1:[1
0.69.10.14, 10.69.10.13, 10.69.10.11]
---

I also try creating a keyspace with a column family using the opscenter (with
no good result).

I'm out of hint to where to look. Do you have some suggestions ?

Is there improvements on this side with cassandra > 1.1.12 ?

Thanks,
Jonathan DEMEYER
Here is the start of reCreateCassandraStruct.sh :
CREATE KEYSPACE ks1 WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND
strategy_options={DC1:3,DC2:3};
use ks1;
create column family id
with comparator = 'UTF8Type'
and key_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
and column_metadata = [
{
column_name : 'user',
validation_class : UTF8Type
}
];
CREATE KEYSPACE ks2 WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND
strategy_options={DC1:3,DC2:3};
use ks2;
create column family id;