Hi,

I know that this question might look silly, but I really need to know how
the cassandra stress tool works.

I developed my data model and used Cassandra-Stress tool with "u" option
where you pass your own data-model for column family (Table in CQL )and
distribution of each column in the column family. Then I run it but when I
compare the "latency" of it with what I could get from simple measurement
of the time it took to execute a read/write operation for 1000000 cases.
 I could see that the results of Stress-Tool is much more (100 times)  than
what I have obtained in my own code.

I know that stress test should stress the system and thus higher rates
(.e.g. read/write latency) is reasonable, but 100 time more?????
I am sure I am missing something in interpreting the results of Stress-Tool
(mainly the "concept" of latency). But there is very little vague
documentation there. I do appreciate of any one could help me to understand
the output of Stress-Tool?

BTW, I have already seen this one (but still the documentation is quite
poor):
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsCStressOutput_c.html

best,
/Shahab