Thanks Rob.

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:42:39 -0700
Subject: Re: validation compaction
From: rc...@eventbrite.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:04 PM, S C <as...@outlook.com> wrote:

I have started repairing a 10 node cluster with one of the table having > 1TB
of data. I notice that the validation compaction actually shows >3 TB in the
"nodetool compactionstats" bytes total. However, I have less than 1TB data on
the machine. If I take into consideration of 3 replicas then 3TB makes sense.
Per my understanding, validation does only care about data local to the machine
running validation compaction. Am I missing some thing here? Any help is much
appreciated.

Compression is enabled by default; it's showing the uncompressed data size.
Your 1TB of data would be 3TB without compression.
=Rob