From: Marcus Eriksson [mailto:krum...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 4:05 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: stream_throughput_outbound_megabits_per_sec

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Donald Smith
<donald.sm...@audiencescience.com<mailto:donald.sm...@audiencescience.com>>
wrote:

stream_throughput_outbound_megabits_per_sec  is the timeout per operation on
the streaming socket.   The docs recommend not to have it too low (because a
timeout causes streaming to restart from the beginning). But the default 0
never times out.  What's a reasonable value?

no, it is not a timeout, it states how fast sstables are streamed

Does it stream an entire SSTable in one operation? I doubt it.  How large is
the object it streams in one operation?  I'm tempted to put the timeout at 30
seconds or 1 minute. Is that too low?

unsure what you meat by 'operation' here, but it is one tcp connection,
streaming the whole file (if thats what we want)

/Marcus