Personally I've found that using query timing + log aggregation on the
client side is more effective than trying to mess with tracing probability
in order to find a single query which has recently become a problem.  I
recommend wrapping your session with something that can automatically log
the statement on a slow query, then use tracing to identify exactly what
happened.  This way finding your problem is not a matter of chance.