As a a test, I took down a node, deleted /var/lib/cassandra and restarted it.
After it joined the cluster, it’s about 75% the size of its neighbors (both in
terms of bytes and numbers of keys). Prior to my test it was approximately the
same size. I have no explanation for why that node would shrink so much, other
than data loss. I have no deleted data, and no TTL’s. Only a small percentage
of my data has had any updates (and some of my tables have had only inserts,
and those have shrunk by 25% as well). I don’t really know how to check if I
have records that have fewer than three replicas (RF=3).

Thanks

Robert