I have a cluster with RF=3. If I shut down one node, add a bunch of data to the
cluster, I don’t see a bunch of records added to system.hints. Also, du of
/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/hints of the nodes that are up shows that hints
aren’t being stored. When I start the down node, its data doesn’t grow until I
run repair, which then takes a really long time because it is significantly out
of date. Is there some magic setting I cannot find in the documentation to
enable hinted handoff? I’m running 2.0.11. Any insights would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Robert