There is a lot of stuff out there and the best thing you can do today is
watch Patrick McFadden's series. This is  was what I used before I started
at DataStax. Planet Cassandra has a data modeling playlist of videos you
can watch
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqcm6qE9lgKJoSWKYWHWhrVupRbS8mmDA
including the McFadden videos I mentioned.

Finally, you hit a key point, a series of tables is the normal approach to
most data modeling, you model your tables around the queries you need, with
the exception of the nuance I referred to in the last email, this one
concept will get you through 80% of use cases fine.